Good news!!!! We've started working on closing my central gap now. Basically they added a figure-8 fine wire to three teeth on the left to move that side as a group and attached the powerchain to the right central incisor to start closing the gap. My new powerchains are white (boo! They stain easier).
For the lower arch they changed to an "M-wire" (I think the "M" stands for medieval torture device!!!) this was by far my most painful adjustment. I'm not sure what was so different about this wire, I'm guessing it might be the shape but it was also inserted differently. Usually they put the wire through the channels in the back teeth then close the bracket doors on the other teeth. The torture wire gets closed into the front brackets first, then somehow (painfully) pushed and bent/closed into the other brackets and then bent and forced into the channels at the back. I was in the chair for almost 40 minutes. My mouth hurts just thinking about it. Had to put heat on my jaw that night which relieved things a bit. Also got new power chains on the bottom to finish closing up the very small gaps.
I tried googling m-wire and this was the closest thing I could find to what I think they might have put on the lower arch.

Here are my latest pictures:



I just started following your blog and was looking at your older pictures- we have almost the exact same top teeth! I've decided to go with having my left lateral incisor removed as well. My right one was behind my teeth and in my palate, I had it removed in 2008. I'm getting either Le Fort I or SARPE (find out Monday) instead of BSSO though because of my narrow palate.
ReplyDeleteYou've had a ton of progress! Good luck on your surgery!
Thanks for following. It's nice to know there is someone out there going through the same thing. For me, choosing to have the tooth pulled was tough but I know it was the right choice in the long run. Good luck on your braces and jaw surgery journey :)
DeleteI am having spaces closed too, but on the bottom, I had a premolar removed. It is almost closed, so my surgery is coming up too. It's good to see someone else going through the same thing!
ReplyDelete