BEFORE PICTURES: I've requested my ODs pictures but don't have them yet.
Here is a toothy smile, definitely a rare occurance in photographs. As you can see my midline is off quite a bit.
Here's a shot of my uppers. One tooth is totally blocked and he wants to maybe pull this one but then I'll be asymmetrical forever so I'm still on the fence. We (especially me) decided to wait and see how things start moving before making a final extraction decision.
Lowers after extractions of both first premolars.
Panoramic x-ray. All four wisdom teeth were extracted previously.
Lateralcephalic x-ray. Class II mallocclusion (overbite), recommended jaw surgery is the only way to correct this due to severity.
Braces on!!!
Smile with braces.
So there you have it....I can't wait to start seeing some results and can feel things loosening/shifting around already and it's only day 2 of braces!!! Eating is interesting especially since they have added glue bumps to my back molars to prevent biting on brackets (and apparently biting in general...lol) so soft foods it is for awhile until I figure out how to chew again. Thats all for now.








I had an consultation a few years ago and chickened out as well. They must have come a long way since that initial consult, because they said I may have to be in braces for up to 5 years! That scared me and I never went back to him. My new orthodontist is also my dentist and he told me 18 to 24 months. Can't wait to share progress with you!
ReplyDeleteHi! thanks for checking out my blog :) congrats on taking the plunge, you'll start seeing changes soon it is amazing what just a few days can do, especially in the beginning stages. Don't worry, eating will become easier as you get used to them it just takes a while initially. You have beautiful teeth when all is said and done You are going to have a Gorgeous smile!!
ReplyDeletetake care
Thanks for the comments and checking out my blog too. I'm getting used to eating again but will be happy when I don't need the glue on my back teeth anymore. They are already less sore and I think things are starting to move a bit, YAY!
ReplyDeleteHello from France !
ReplyDeleteHi !
ReplyDeleteI'm Régis (from France).
I'm sorry about my english, I'm not fluent.
But, I try to understand your blog.
I'm amazing about your teeth.
I have one question :
I see that you have big filling teeth.
Is it a problem with your orthodontic treatment ?
Maybe, your fillings can crack, can broken because your teeth move ?!?
I hope they won't crack but you never know... One is A crown already and one more needs a crown but we're waiting until after treatment to fit with my new bite Your English is pretty good, much better than my French!
ReplyDeleteThanks a lot for your answer !
ReplyDeleteIt's really friendly.
Thank you very much for your congretulations about my English.
ReplyDeleteI have learned 6 years at school...
I was not good in English.
Now, I try to practice but my vocabulary is poor.
I see that you live in Canada. I imagine so lovely lanscapes, so big !!! Especially if I compare with european's lanscapes.
I dream to visit the Rocky Mountains. Is it far from your home ? You could invit me ? (Just kidding !).
Well, I just finish my mail !
ReplyDeleteAbout your teeth, do you have only one crown (is it on your left lower molar)?
And, on all your back teeth, is it simple fillings ?
At the end of your treatment, do you plan to remove your fillings ? To replace them with white fillings ?(if it's possible, for an aesthetic question).
I think that you're very brave. I imagine that your treatment is painful, and long !
How long will it last ?
Hey !!!
Can you write some words in french ??? (Not easy ?)
Régis.
you are going to look fabulous!
ReplyDeleteI can definitely relate to the crowding of your teeth as mine were/are pretty crowded as well. Our bottom teeth even look kind of similar! You're going to be amazed at how fast your braces work! Take lots of pictures so that you can compare each month and SEE the progress being made. That helps me a lot, so maybe it will help you too. :)Good luck with everything,it's going to be so worth it!
ReplyDelete