Tuesday, 24 May 2011

First adjustment tomorrow!

I can't believe it's been two months with braces already, seems like it's gone by rather quickly. I'm definitely getting used to them and sometimes forget they're there (when I'm not eating of course). My teeth have been sore but nothing unbearable. I remember reading a story about someone's first week of braces and she said it was worse than labour pains...not sure what great drugs she had but this pain is a 2-3/10 for me not a 10!!

I'm excited to be seeing some changes already, YAY!! Mostly the front lower teeth from what I can tell. I did have to go back around 4 weeks to get two wires cut that were really poking my cheeks. I'm hoping my OD will add in the unwired lower tooth tomorrow.  We'll see what he thinks about the upper arch and...the plan.  I have a feeling he'll still be leaning towards two more extractions and possible canine substitution for my lateral incisors.


Here are a few comparison shots...

4 weeks

                                                             
                                                            8 weeks

I'm really happy with how quickly they are moving!






 

4 weeks

                                                                 8 weeks

The arch seems to be getting wider/rounder overall and the gap between my central incisor and canine on the left side of the picture has gotten smaller (blocking out the lateral incisor completely)




A few things I've learned so far:

- I never knew it could take sooooo long to floss! Seriously, people without braces have no excuse for not flossing.
- Others are not as aware of braces as you think. I also changed my hair so that's the first thing most people were noticing.
- Braces are a great weight loss plan! I definitely don't snack as much because I don't want to go clean my teeth again, plus when I do snack it's usually healthier, chips are too hard to chew an most other junk food is off limits though my ice cream intake has increased a little :) I do miss raw veggies
- Don't take pictures of your teeth without lipstick or lipgloss.

Excited for my appointment tomorrow and hoping I'm not too sore after as my big 3-0 birthday is coming up and would like to eat something tasty!

1 comment:

  1. ahaha, i totally agree with you about flossing, weight loss and lipgloss, and I seem to forget the lipgloss everytime I am taking pictures.
    Your teeth are really moving, you have similar problem as I have, and I wish all the best.
    I will follow your blog for sure!

    ReplyDelete