I can't believe six months has gone by already! Sorry about the lack of posts for awhile. I've been busy with work, family, dogs and life in general. Things are moving along nicely with my braces, still waiting for my lateral gap to close. I got a power chain added to the left side of my uppers to start closing it more quickly, more sore now :( I have decided I like the silver powerchains as they stain less than the clear or whilte ones. At my last appointment my ortho agreed to grind the hooks off the upper right canine bracket which has made my lip happier, but also gave me a strange rash, maybe the little bits of ceramic were irritating. And hooray my lisp that showed up after the upper extractions seems to have resolved!!! Glad that was only temporary, it was very frustrating especially at work, made me even more self conscious of my new toothless look.
I can't believe how quickly my bottom "straggler" has moved into place. I am noticing that my overbite is definitely getting worse and I was warned that they need to make it worse for now and the BSSO surgery will correct it, still annoying and starting to give me some TMJ pain.
Here are some new pictures from Sept 2011: Six months in braces...



No comments:
Post a Comment