I had another adjustment done in early December and my upper extraction gap is slowly closing. I now have a new one developing between my front teeth as everything shifts over; which I know is necessary but still annoying. Can't wait until they are all closed up! I have had the same arch wires for the last couple adjustments, just replacing the power chains so nothing too exciting to report.
I got a double chain on the lower arch between my central incisors. Bottom teeth were super sore when getting the power chains on..OUCH! They seem to feel a bit loose at times and wiggle/click a bit, hope this isn't bad, I forgot to ask at my appointment. I go back in a month so will have to try to remember to ask then.
I also got a message from my surgeon's office the other day to call back and schedule another pre-surgical consult since I haven't seen him since last February and my braces weren't even on yet at that time. I'm getting a bit nervous about the surgery but excited to have a normal bite when all is said and done. It will be nice to come up with an official surgical plan. At my first appointment he thought we could like just do the BSSO mandibular advancement and possibly genioplasty instead of having to have maxillary surgery as well. My surgical consult is booked for January 30, 2012. Hope things will progress enough in terms of the gaps closing so that I am surgery ready come March...
Here are some new pics:
UPPERS
![]() |
| Dec 2011 compared to Aug 2011 |
SMILE
![]() |
| Dec 2011 compared to Aug 2011 |
Midline is definitely improving
(seems slow to me but a lot has to move)
LOWERS
Dec 2011





No comments:
Post a Comment