I made it! Everything went as planned mandibular BSSO only, no genioplasty.
My day started out with a nice long relaxing bath (uninterrupted too!), then packed up and watched hubby eat a tasty looking continental breakfast. Then we were off to the hospital to get admitted. Saying bye to Paul was the hardest part as he looked so worried and was tearing up, made me cry too :')
Went into the OR around noon, remember them strapping me in and putting on a mask. After that I woke up in recovery rather calm and still sleepy. Finally got moved up to the floor around 3pm and slept on and off for the rest of the day. Had a couple brief visits from hubby, my inlaws and a friend but was really to sleepy still. Around 7pm I attempted to eat some soup, pudding and juice and managed a bit of each then started to feel a bit nauseous so quit while I was ahead. I even managed not to be sick despite the vomit fest going on around me all night long with two of my other roomates.
Pain has been not bad 2-4/10. PCA hydromorph for pain and Maxeran for nausea were my friends. I also got Prednisone for swelling and a few doses of prophylactic IV antibiotics to prevent infection.
Swelling is defintely there (I think my cheeks look like Quagmire from family guy.... Giggity giggity).
Numbness my lower lip and tongue was completely numb post op but has already started to tingle.
Elastics on both sides from lower molars to upper canines at front, 3 or 4 on each side.
Preop brave face:
Post op:
And for those who are curious about my "last supper"
...We went to Tony Romas for steak and ribs (yes I had both), loaded baked potato, steamed broccoli and strawberry new york cheesecake for dessert. SO GOOD :D Hunger Games movie was awesome too.
Wow this post got long...day 1 to come later!
Bracedmom, Welcome to the other side! You made it!!! Glad to hear that you are doing so well. You are looking great. Rest up, and remember your blogger-fam is here when you need us.
ReplyDeleteWow, congrats for making it through... and with a SMILE!!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks ladies :)
ReplyDelete