Thursday, 12 April 2012

Day 14 - Two weeks post-op

Back to the orthodontist today. I no longer have to wear the elastic at the very front that was going sideways from bottom to top and I can take the two front ones off at night as they had been making my front teeth quite sore. They took another xray and were happy with how things are looking. I did mention that my left front tooth seems to contact the bottom teeth because of the inward angulation. He said we can address this when we start moving the teeth again. Back again next week for a quick check.

The feeling is definitely returning in my lip and chin..hooray!!!  I can sleep on my side again now too!  So al in all a good couple days.  Also experimenting with other soft foods including bread :D 
Swelling still there and fluctuates a bit but not too bad any more.  I still have a bit more time off work, go back next Thursday.
I got a call from my surgeon's office on Monday also and they want to see me this week instead of next week. So I see them tomorrow.


Sorry for the bad hair, shadows and funny angles (self portraits…haha)

 
Not smiling vs. smiling. 
The base of my nose seems to get wider when I smile big…
I can’t remember if this happened before ( I don’t think so) also not sure if I enjoy this L

Right Profile




Left Profile



Bite no longer open



2 comments:

  1. you look great. totally can't even tell you just had surgery. Which kinda scares me, because I have jowls from hell STILL at week 3 that I was praying were just swelling. Not looking so great for me and my jowls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I do still have some swelling. I'm sure your swelling will still come down Nichole. You had more surgery than I did. I have been doing massage treatments on myself as well to help with the swelling. Check out this website if you want to find a trained therapist near you, this is where I took my training. Www.vodderschool.com Even one treatment would probably help. Have a good weekend!

      Delete