It was a bit windier so I when I got cold and tensed up I got to experience an awesome jaw muscle cramp/spasm, but at least it resolved quickly when I got out of the wind.
I ran into one of my hospital roomates in the waiting room, turns out she is also from where I live and saw my husband where he works yesterday too, small world! She's doing ok (and has finally stopped vomiting, I guess she reacted to her antibiotics), poor thing...
I saw another surgeon from the practice for my follow up visit. She was very nice and answered all of my questions. She agrees that the tingling is a good sign but the numbness may still take awhile to resolve which is what I thought. I've also been having some hypersensitivity which is also a sign that things are retunrning :) She changed my elastics but left them in the same locations, only two on each side now. I now get to change them myself every day so we'll see how that goes tomorrow.
She said my teeth were "quite clean" but I didn't tell her I'm nowhere near brushing the 100x a day they encourage.
She couldn't really figure out what could be causing the clicking I feel on the right side. It really feels like its coming from a specific tooth so I think it might be shifting around or something or could just be a wonky sensory thing with the nerve injury. She reassured me that there is no hardware anywhere near that area and didn't seem too worried about it.
The only worrisome part is my bite as she did seem concerned that I now have a bit of an anterior open bite and very few of my molars touch as well. She tried to call my ortho's office (which was already closed for the day) so she said she would talk to them tomorrow and let me know what the plan is. This made me a bit worried as I did not have an open bite prior to surgery...
Here are some pics from today. I really need to stop taking them at 10pm when I'm tired.
THE BITE
P.S. I got as call from my ortho's office bright and early today and they want me to come in so he can take a look. I'm headed out now...I'll update you in Day 7 post
Looking good, BracedMom! What a difference a day makes....I'm glad to hear you are doing well. Just imagine yourself one week from today. You will feel like a new person, entirely. You seem to have a wonderful support system in place. I'm sure you will recover quickly and in good spirits. Good luck with the ortho visit.
ReplyDeleteThanks Cece! Each day has been getting better so I imagine next week should be pretty good. My family is awesome, I am so lucky to have them!
DeleteHey...I can comment now. Yay. I see you buckled down and changed templates. This seems to be the most common format on blogger, maybe it will give you less trouble.
ReplyDeleteYou look FANTASTIC! I hope you're feeling as well.
Don't stress about the bite. It seems to be the norm with these procedures. Most of the blogs I've read have some orthodontic issues to work out post-operatively. I think it's just the nature of the beast.
Oh, and forgive me for saying...is it possible you missunderstood the OS about brushing 100 times per day? I think that is rediculous and logistically improbable. But just my opinion of course.
Smiles,
Nichole
Changing templates was the cure last time too, thanks for letting me know :)
DeleteI'll do as much as they want to work on fixing the bite now but my teeth definitely still have to be moved to close my lovely gap so I'm sure it will be a work in progress.
I agree that 100x is ridiculous, they definitely said it because on day 1 I told them I was at 1x and they replied only 99x to go, try for every 15 min...crazy! I think it may be their way of just getting you to brush a lot but some people might take it seriously...you know if they tell you 100 maybe you'll do 25 ( I do it whenever I eat or drink something)
You look wonderful! I am glad to have read that the healing process is going well! I am not sure when I am to get surgery but it will be in my future for sure.
ReplyDeleteThank you ! Good luck wen your time comes!
Delete